We have an exciting opportunity within our Security Operations Centre (SOC) for an individual looking to start their career in cybersecurity. Our growing Security Team comprises Analysts, Penetration Testers, Engineers and Information Security Consultants.
We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who is keen to learn about Cyber Security, enthusiastic about getting hand-on with new technologies and aspires to continually improve their own skills and knowledge. This role will help develop your attention to detail and analytical skills, whilst allowing you to learn all about Cyber Security. You will be fully supported within your role and training will be provided in all necessary areas to enable you to grow into the role of a Security Analyst.
You will be expected to complete a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Cybersecurity Technologist
. The length of this apprenticeship is typically 15 - 18 months dependant on prior qualifications.Location:
The SOC is based in Nottingham city-centre, occasional travel to other Node4 sites within the UK may be required (this will be expensed as per the usual business travel policy).Key responsibilities:
Desired skills and qualities:
- Triage incoming alerts and alarms from different security platforms and escalate them as appropriate.
- Liaise with senior analysts to tune existing SIEM alarms and create new ones
- Produce short write-ups of security incidents for customers and internal teams
- Compile and present monthly reports for customers with data from multiple security platforms and provide security analysis
- Contributing to the vulnerability management process including assessment of business risk and recommendations and remediation's for customers
- Provide support to customers and internal teams for common issues with security tools such as anti-malware software
- Work alongside sales/technical-pre-sales to determine customer security requirements and present a case for Node4's security services along with delivering demonstrations and proof-of-concepts of Node4 security products.
- Assist with customer on-boarding and technical deployment of new solutions
- Updating/Maintaining SOC documentation as appropriate
- Understanding customer encryption requirements and the relevant technologies and processes required to satisfy them
- Work with network security engineers to help design and deliver secure-by-design network architectures, including the deployment of intrusion detection and traffic inspection technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team as well as motivated to work independently where required
- Able to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies quickly
- Bringing an analytical mind-set to identify anomalies and patterns in data
- Solid understanding of key computer networking concepts and experience with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Ability to research new concepts and present internally them to the team
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
25 days annual leave [as well as Birthday off + public holidays]Salary:
£16,000 - 18,000 per annum. [Salary will be based on level of experience]Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.