An exciting opportunity has arisen for passionate and self-motivated individuals to join our 3 Ships
programmes within the Lifestyle and Work team.
The 3 Ships
are Mencap's education based programmes, that support people with a learning disability to move closer to the job market and gain employment. The 3 Ships
programmes are Supported Internships, Traineeships and Apprenticeships
We currently have the following positions available:
- Caseworker (Apprenticeships and Traineeship) - 37.5 hours - working across Oxford and Northampton
- Caseworker (Apprenticeships and Traineeships)- relief hours- working across Oxford and Northampton
role is central to the delivery of our Apprenticeship and Traineeship programmes. You will be responsible for supporting a caseload of learners by providing end to end, individualised support. You will work closely with Tutors to ensure that learners complete all elements of the programme and progress towards their individual learning outcomes.
You will have a person-centred approach, strong organisation skills and the ability to engage with employers to negotiate good quality work experience placements. You will provide one-to-one job coaching in the workplace to support learners to develop the employability skills which will lead them to the outcome of a paid job.
Essential key skills and requirements:
- Experience of supporting people
- Experience of delivering against targets
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Knowledge of sector
- A-C/9-4 GCSE English and maths (or equivalent)
- Good ICT skills
- Effective communicator
- Effective record keeping and reporting
(Please see the Job Description and Personal Specification for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role).
This role will close on Weds 4th November and interviews will commence shortly after on Microsoft Teams.
JOB ID 20257
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91022154