Mental Health One to One Teaching Assistant
Could you change the future, by supporting an SEMH child with social, emotional, and mental health needs to engage with their education?
Are you confident in supporting in the classroom, enabling children to access their education? Do you have experience of supporting pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health needs or Autistic Spectrum Conditions? Are you confident in working with children with ASD, ADHD, or other comorbid conditions? Are you familiar working in a One to One setting within a school?The Job...
You'll be kept busy, supporting a secondary pupil within the school environment. You will be focussed and dedicated; working intensively to offer support to the child to enable them to manage their emotions and engage with their classes. You'll take initiative, be resilient, and drive the pupil to achieve and progress. You'll work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage the pupil to act independently to succeed.You'll Be...
- An experienced teaching assistant, familiar with young people with SEMH, autism, ADHD, or other disabilities and needs
- Experienced working with children with mental health needs
- Comfortable working on a 121 basis
- Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
- Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
Our staff say...
- Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
- Generous rates of pay
- A dedicated SEN Consultant
- A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
- Honest and friendly service
- Access to our 'Refer a Friend' scheme
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
- 'I had never registered with an agency before and Academics have been wonderful!'
- 'A warm, friendly, but professional service'
- 'I have worked for several teaching agencies in the past, but this is the first time that I have felt like 'more than just a number'
Is this role not what you're looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we're happy to discuss our opportunities with you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91021354