Our client is an entrepreneurial business that, due to growth, is looking for someone to come in as the Finance Manager but overtime progress to be the Finance Director. This is a diverse role with the opportunity to propel your career.
- To be accountable for the financial management, control and reporting of the Society including its trading activity (as appropriate), subsidiaries and investment portfolio.
- To provide financial and business support to the existing and developing commercial activities of the Society, its trading company (as appropriate) and subsidiaries.
- To be accountable for financial compliance and reporting in accordance with all regulatory standards including tax, VAT, Gift Aid and regulatory returns.
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- To lead and develop a Finance team working to best practice processes and procedures.
- To lead on company-wide budgetary planning.
- To build and support the financial understanding and accountability of budget holders and managers within the organisation.
- To identify and promote opportunities for the Society and subsidiaries to use their financial resources to develop and grow activity.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis.
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Create and maintain relationships with providers and contractors, including banking institutions, accountants and auditors.
What they're looking for:
- AAT Qualified
- Experience in the 3rd sector (mixed with commercial experience would be a bonus)
- A willingness to progress their career
For further detail apply now via the link or call now on 0115 960 7000.