Teaching Assistant, Primary School, Penrith, £9.77 an hourAre you a qualified Teaching Assistant looking for supply work?
We have regular long term supply for Teaching Assistants in the Penrith area who are interested in supporting children across Primary schools. The supply work we offer is varied and we have part time and full time opportunities available. The work is offered on a temporary supply basis starting at £9.77 an hour and rising to potentially £15 an hour depending upon the length of the contract and the nature of the long term work.What will working as a TA on supply involve doing day to day?
You will be employed to support a specific individual child with an EHCP or work as a general support to the Class Teacher to support a wide range of learners with a wide range of learning abilities. Work will involve:
What personal qualities and skills does working as a TA on supply require?
- Encouraging and supporting the routine that has been set in place for the individual with an EHCP.
- Encouraging the individual's confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- Helping the child understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating.
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers.
- Supporting the individual in social activities and on outings.
- Supporting class teachers with reading, writing and maths with small groups of children
You will be required to hold a Level 3 recognised TA qualification as well as practical previous experience. You will need an interest in education and in working with students
along with good communication and 'people' skills. You will need to have a mature approach t
o your work and a responsible attitude along with much patience and a sense of humour at times!
You will need to be a patient person
who has compassion and empathy and also a drive to see others flourish and succeed as they learn. You will need experience teaching and supporting learners
and be willing to get stuck in and provide help as and when it is needed.Who are System People Education?
System People Education are the fastest growing Teaching Agency in Cumbria with an already impressive portfolio of schools in the County. We were the first teaching agency with offices here in Cumbria
offering a truly dedicated approach to Cumbria Teaching Supply. We have grown organically, mainly from kind referrals from local teachers and TA's who have found work through us in local schools.Teaching Assistants on supply, how does it all work?
We help hundreds of Teaching Assistants in Cumbria find suitable work in many schools which includes day to day and long-term opportunities. Teaching Assistant recruitment at System People is our fastest growing department and we are always looking for new candidates to join our register to meet the ever-growing need for high quality TA cover.
Here is the good bit...you can work as much or as little as you want to. When you register with us you work out a work search plan with our Primary specialist Education Manager Sarah Story who will then approach schools on your behalf to try and secure you work you really want.Why would you choose to register with System People?
System People are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and as a result all new candidates will be subject to a full registration, DBS check and thorough reference checks.
- We pay excellent rates of pay and treat you fairly
- Increased pay after 12 weeks (AWR)
- Your details will reach the right people at the right schools and continue to do so while you are still actively looking.
- You can register remotely via ZOOM interview
- We would love you to join our register!