Team Member 3, Transactional Finance Services
Grade & Salary: G3, £22,885 rising to £25,516 over four years
Post number: 201954
Type of contract: Permanent
Work pattern: Full time
Closing date: 28th September 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holders will play a key role in supporting the Transactional Finance Services Team.The post is a multi-functional role and covers a range ofactivities associated with the billing, debt recovery of income streams and the processing and payment of Supplier invoices.
The duties will include recording, analysing and reconciling income and receipts, maintaining appropriate accounting records to demonstrate integrity and propriety. You will process a high volume of invoices ensuring they are progressed in a timely and accurate way to meet our payment deadlines. You will be dealing with customer/supplier queries leading to early recovery of debt and prompt payment of invoices.
There is a strong focus within the team on providing excellent customer service to both internal/external customers and suppliers.
Further information on the role is contained within the main Role Description.However, applicants should have:
·A good understanding of using a Finance system and other software
·Good organisational skills
·Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external customers and suppliers
·Ability to work well as part of a team
·Experience of working effectively to multiple deadlines within a busy office environment.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience of working within a shared service centre environment to include:
• Good understanding of using a Finance system and other software / applications to meet the requirements of your area of responsibility.
• Good organisational skills
• Good written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate confidently, with excellent customer service skills
• Good inter-personal skills with the ability to work under pressure using your own. initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong IT and accurate data entry skills.
• Experience of implementing change or process improvement would also be advantageous
For more information, please visit our website.