Elevation Recruitment Group are working with a growing business in Chesterfield as they look to strengthen their finance function with the appointment of an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Credit Controller.
This is a great opportunity for a confident & pro-active individual who is looking for that next step up in their career with a business who always put their employees first! The ideal candidate will have an appetite for knowledge, outstanding communication skills and the ability to speak with people at all levels of an organisation.
You will be working as part of a small, friendly team, however will ultimately have full responsibility for the company cash flow, credit control, accounts management and in dealing with the wider business in relation to all this! You will have the ownership and autonomy to question and change processes as you see fit and will be a big advocate of process improvement with a real sense of pride for the work which you produce.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
* Daily Bank and customer remittance reconciliations for incoming payments
* Daily invoice & credit note processing
* Handle pro-forma and payments on account made by cash, credit card or cheque
* Ensure new accounts are set up correctly and all contact information maintained accurately (checking credit risk, payment terms and limits etc.)
* Contact customers by telephone, e-mail and letter to ensure timely receipt of payment within terms
* Contact customers to confirm invoices have been received with no issues and agree payment dates
* Assist to resolve queries by gathering information from customers, sales reps and customer service
* Maintain accurate records on account performance, actions and payment collection
* Managing a customer facing e-mail inbox to ensure customers are responded to in a timely manner
* Ensure that communication is issued and received correctly (invoices, statements, on-stop notices)
* Ensure journal entries and other transactions are recorded accurately into the Company's Financial Software and supporting documentation maintained for each transaction
* Assist in day-to-day ad-hoc reporting and Month End reporting and procedures
* Provide cover for Assistant Accountant and posting of cash payments in the purchase ledger
* Perform banking tasks as required - travel to and from branch
* Supporting the annual audit and stock take
To be successful you MUST have the following attributes:
* At least 3 years' experience within Credit Control / Sales Ledger
* Strong communication skills
* Target focused and driven
* Ability to pick up additional finance duties s required
* Able to work well as part of a team
The successful applicant to this role will enjoy a rewarding career as well as job security and a friendly working environment!
If you match the specified criteria and you are interested in discussing the position in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact us today.