Senior Development Engineer (Plastics/ Tooling)
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
£38,000 to £44,000 per annum + Company Pension matched up to 6% + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Subsidised canteen
Senior Development Engineer required in a successful manufacturer's tooling department. This is a fantastic opportunity to help mentor and train existing staff and to use your knowledge to implement process improvements.
The successful candidate will be experienced in injection mould tooling and have hands on experience as a tool maker/ setter or fitter in this environment. You will have proven experience in identifying areas for improvement and helping to implement these processes. Any qualifications in plastics technology/ injection moulding are highly desired.
Your main role will be to ensure all new projects and existing tooling and moulding machines run efficiently and safely. You will help to provide ongoing technical training and advice, assist setters and mentor the team in all aspects of process improvement. You will help to carry out tooling trials and work with the design office to obtain and help implement process improvements and introduction of new product lines.
The company are part of a larger parent group and supply their products to the food, drink and household products industry. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and help to implement change across their cell.
The Senior Development Engineer Role:
* Ensure all new projects and existing tooling and moulding machines run efficiently and safely.
* Provide on-going technical training and advice to staff.
* Carry out Tooling, Materials and Product trials.
* Identify and implement process improvements and modifications.
* Write and implement Safe Operating Practices (SOP).
The Senior Development Engineer:
* Experienced of working in an injection mould tooling environment.
* Hands on experience as a tool maker/ setter/ fitter.
* Proven experience of process improvement.
* Experience of developing staff.