We get behind the data that really matters! Our focus is to achieve progress through data-enabled decisions and through a culture where performance leads. Our goal is to craft a more open and transparent financial market to drive a more balanced world. This is what makes this opportunity so exciting!
We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for the development across various technologies to meet the business needs of the NDA/Timeseries team. You will be expected to have overall experience in development using Oracle database, Oracle BPM, J2EE, and Weblogic preferably.
In this outstanding role you will work on the construction of NDA/Timeseries next generation content master and the maintenance on a variety of existing and exciting applications. You will gain a lot of exposure to Financial Market data, specifically around the mastering of Timeseries, Equity, Derivative and Fund content using the Oracle related technologies.
If this is starting to sound exciting, we'd love to hear from you.Responsibilities:
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products.
- Executes on technology strategies.
- Primary area of influence is within own team and some influence on other teams.
- Works with third parties to ensure delivery of outsourced work, resolves application issues, and understand product direction in order to support and implement where appropriate.
- Evaluates and makes decisions on engagement of strategic suppliers.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day activities of their team including supporting career development of team (objective setting, performance management, etc.)
- Manages and supervises one or more small teams.
- Serves as departmental focal point for staff issues, HR initiatives and requirements.
- Implements and models a work culture that promotes development and retention of high quality staff.
- Implements a customer-aware culture for their team, ensuring close working relationships with Product, Project Management, Technical Operations etc
- Liaises with other technical development areas for cross assignments and exchange of staff and encourages staff movement in line with business and/or career development needs.
- Participates in recruitment efforts for responsible technology team.
- Accountable for delivery across multiple projects/products by providing guidance and support to project leads to assist in removing project impediments.
- Ensures fidelity and feasibility of all projects plans and estimates.
- Allocates and schedules resources in line with overall team, resolves conflicts, and prioritizes projects to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimizes project work to ensure that technology design fits with existing product architecture and technology strategy.
- Manages bid process for new business to established standards, including detailed investigations into requirements, prioritization, scheduling and budgets.
- Creates trust and credibility with partners/user community and works with them to identify issues and risks that may impact them.
- Creates an environment and workflow that ensures proactive identification of change to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Creates an environment and a culture that encourages immediate response to problems and sets expectations and timeframe for resolution with customers or groups managing customers, and manages escalated issues.
- Participates in problem resolution recommendation for escalated issues.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of team responsibilities within projects potentially including senior leaders, initiating blocking issues when vital.
- Adept at all aspects of technical communications, including using presentations technologies (e.g. WebEx, PowerPoint) and software demonstrations.
- Encourages two-way communication with staff, peers, and business partners.
- May contribute to the creation and execution of the communication plans.
- Communicates across virtual teams and a globally diverse environment.
- Contributes to compliance requirements and other governance measures.
- Ensures self and team develop modules using disciplined processes, adhering to team/company standards and best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Ensures internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or other such agreements for third party support with technical areas are met.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Assist in Development work using Oracle BPM, J2EE, and working with Oracle Data models using PL/SQL.
- Assist in all the vital phases of project implementation - including functional requirements gathering, functional and technical design specifications, development/ configuration activities, execution of appropriate unit test scenarios to ensure solution integrity, assistance in issue resolution during user acceptance testing, maintenance activities, enhancements to existing applications, system upgrades, and implementations
- Document all development and project related work per company's methodology
- Collaborate with other technical staff to research, evaluate, develop, test and implement new and/or currently unused functional and technical solutions to enhance the value of business systems
- Collaborate and communicate across a wide variety of audiences within the technical organization and business end-user community
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc.
- Ability to identify and understand sophisticated problems and effectively drive resolution.
- Articulates technical and non-technical information effectively to multiple audiences and levels. Demonstrates active listening.
- Solid understanding of financials.
- Partners with internal customers, and external vendors and partners to exchange information.
- Builds relationships that are important to coordinate and manage activities both inside and outside own team, and geographical area.
- Works with vendors to understand technical and business opportunities performing overall due diligence on third party technology options as needed.
- Experienced DB Developer proficient in Oracle.
- Solid understanding of database programming concepts in PL/SQL and very good SQL tuning skills.
- Experience of Oracle BPM.
- Experience with JUnit (framework for testing Java based applications) is a must
- Experience with at least one web container is a must, e.g. Tomcat, Weblogic or JBoss.
- Proactive demeanour and the ability to work well with other developers and business representatives.
We care about benefits too.
- Experience with EJB or other Enterprise level distributed computing technologies.
- Experience with Oracle SOFA Form is a big plus.
- Experience with working in an agile team is a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.