Are you a kind, caring and compassionate person who can understand the social, emotional and mental health needs of vulnerable children?
Could you see yourself as an inspirational teacher, specialising in SEN or SEMH but need some experience before committing to a PCGE or SCITT?
i-teachers is working with a popular school in Barnet to find a committed, hard-working and driven Teaching Assistant. SEMH is a challenging yet rewarding role, to embark on your teaching career, please contact Samantha now!
SEMH Teaching Assistant - The Role
- Full time Monday - Friday during term time, earn £350-£450 per week
- Leading 1:1 extra support and group work with SEN students
- Opportunities to develop onto the school's teacher training programme with QTS, HLTA or Education Psychology
- Hands on, invaluable classroom experience
- Mentored by lead teacher and i-teachers consultants team throughout
- Amazing experience with a range of different needs from: Autism, ASD, Anxiety -varying from student to student
- Chance to develop a specialism
SEMH Teaching Assistant - The School
- Good Transport links
- Ofsted "Outstanding behaviour"
- Both academic and work-related courses
- Strong ethos to "inspire" students
- Extremely supportive SLT noted by Ofsted
- High achieving results across all SEMH needs
- Sports facilities including basketball court and trampolining
SEMH Teaching Assistant - The Requirements
How to Apply
- 1st/2:1 degree, Psychology preferred
- Previous experience working with young people or SEN/SEMH desirable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to run 1:1 support
- Genuine interest in improving skills of students
- Support lead teacher
- Must be able to commute or easily travel to Barnet
Please do not hesitate to call Samantha to have a friendly, informal chat to discuss this role further.
This SEMH Teaching Assistant Role is shortlisting NOW. Send your CV to Samantha at i-teachers today and do not miss out on this amazing opportunity!