Technical Document Writer
Initial 12 month contract
£26.00 per hour LTD
Advantage Resourcing are working in partnership with a global manufacturing company who operate within the Defence industry.
They are currently seeking a Technical Document Writer to join their site based in Christchurch on an initial 12 month basis.
* To support the gathering and organisation of information to support the writing of technical bids
* Determine the needs of users of technical documentation
* Work with technical staff to make products and instructions easier to use
* Write or revise supporting content for products
* Collect user feedback to update and improve content
* Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users' understanding of the material
* Prepare materials to aid communication to customer and internally - product descriptions, flyers and any other communique
* Improve reporting delivered to internal and external customers
Key Responsibility Areas:
* Produce well written documentation with the support of the engineering community
* Own compilation of documentation sets
* Understanding and use of company standards and toolsets to facilitate the generation of information
* Preparing and maintaining documentation in support of Project delivery milestones.
* Ensuring the content, style, accuracy, completeness and configuration management of the documentation and their compliance to the applicable standards.
* Liaising with other sites, customers and partners including if needs be travelling to other UK sites.
* Monitoring, recording and reporting work progress to ensure efficient execution of the tasks on time and within budget.
Your skills, experience and qualifications:
* Previous experience in the production and maintenance of user documentation ideally both in a military and a commercial environment
* Bachelor's Degree in English or Communications or other relevant field
If you feel you have the correct skill set, please apply.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.