Statutory Accountant - Newly Qualified, Edinburgh City Centre (£35,000 - £38,000)
This is a newly created opening that has been generated by the continued success of our client. Throughout recent events the firm have continued to drive forward in the key areas that they operate within, and as a result are now looking for their latest addition to the Finance function. The role of Statutory Accountant will align itself well to those who have recently qualified and now looking to make that first move from Practice into Industry.
The role will provide the opportunity to demonstrate full ownership of specific finance operations whilst providing key support to the wider business. The Finance function continues to grow therefore providing the opportunity to play a significant part in its growth. The role will report directly to the Financial Controller and would suit a confident individual with the ability to drive the role forward, and support the ongoing success of this award winning business.
Core areas of responsibility:
· Management reporting, liaison with Partners, external reporting and Investor communication
· Support the preparation of annual statutory accounts inc. external auditor liaison
· Producing monthly management accounts
· Supporting the preparation of the Groups annual budget and forecasting
· Preparing and submitting the Group VAT return
· Group ledger maintenance and control: ensuring the integrity of the financial data
· Group purchase ledger management inc. reconciliation, supplier liaison, payment processing and budget control
· Ownership of the Groups Fixed Asset Register
· Supporting the company insurance renewal process
The role will offer top to bottom exposure to all areas of the company's financial management and control, and for that reason alone will offer a great platform and experience for those who are making that first move into Industry.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Newly Qualified Accountant (ICAS or ACCA)
· Previous experience in management and financial reporting
· Strong Excel skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
· Excellent communication skills
· Commercial and business awareness
· Operate with the highest level of integrity and standards
It's one of the most interesting and unique NQ roles that I've worked on in a while, and anyone who is looking for an opening that is a little bit different to the norm, then this will absolutely be of interest. For further details and sight of a full role profile, please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.