We are currently recruiting for Store People Manager
for our Coalville Store.
As a Store People Manager
you will manage an effective HR and people function through the consistent delivery of key people policies and procedures along with successful delivery of store KPI results against targets. Support the Store Manager in creating a high achieving, capable and engaged Store Leadership Team who consistently attain outstanding performance. Recruit and train resource to meet the needs of the business, identifying and developing talent to feed the succession pipeline. Set the direction, influence, coach and guide management on all people related matters.
With people at the top of our agenda the Store People Manager
role will work in close partnership with key stakeholders across the business to align the business strategy and people strategy allowing us to develop outstanding people plans, driving both people and business performance and making Morrisons a great place to work.
What would my responsibilities be as a Store People Manager
The Store People Manager reports to the Regional People Manager. It's a unique senior role for confident retail relationship builders who can bring the best out of their people. This is a fast paced operational retail role, with shop floor as your office and a hands on remit to make sure that the right people are developing at pace, at the right time and at the right cost.
Duties range from recruitment and training and development to succession planning to payroll control to change management and building links with the community. You may even be running the store as Senior Manager. It's all about making sure your store is improving its skills and relationships at every level, delivering business results as a people oriented business.
About YouWhat will I need to be successful in the Store People Manager role?
- Experienced HR professional within a retail setting
- Experience of working within fast paced retail HR environment
- Being CIPD qualified is an advantage
- Great relationship management and partnering skills with clear commercial acumen
- Adaptable influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong customer focus
- Experience in improving employee engagement and acting upon employee feedback
- Ability to remain highly effective in changing business circumstances
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- Flexibility to work variable hours including early mornings, evenings and working 5 days out of 7 across the week
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent eye for detail & strong IT skills
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer:
- 3 discount cards for you and a friend or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons
- Company share options
- A highly competitive pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private medical and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Company
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won't find anywhere else.
At just under 500 stores across the UK, our retail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It's why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UK's 4th largest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It's challenging. It's fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They've been there and done that. It's how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.