A skilled Data Engineer is required by a leading organisation in Dorset.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineer that has strong experience in working with bespoke, purpose-built, hand-coded data environments, and is competent in delivering strong business intelligence to other areas of the business.
This role will involve working with Data Scientists, BI Developers, and Digital teams. You will be responsible for reviewing data sources, checking code, understanding the desired outcomes, and redesigning to ensure the data can be used in the most effective and efficient way.Responsibilities:
- Implement trusted rich data that supports efficient algorithms and predictive models
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models
- Develop and manage a variety of scripting languages and tools
- Facilitate processes and data modelling, data mining and production
- Work with Data Scientists, Data Architects, BI Developers, and Digital teams to improve the quality, reliability and efficiency of data and the development of scalable data management systems
- Ensure data is cleansed and usable across the business
- Must have extensive experience in a Data Engineer capacity
- Must have strong written coding skills (the company hand codes every API's so a strong understanding is essential)
- The most critical technical skills and experience include some or all of the following:
- Windows and Linux
- Docker / machine learning
- PostgreSQL / SQL Server databases or similar
- Apache / Spark / Kafka / Nifi
- Springboot / Java / Python would be advantageous
- Hadoop or similar
Competent in communicating and interfacing with other teams, and must be able to work in an Agile environmentDegree in an information technology, computer or data related subject, science, or mathematics (or equivalent experience)Salary:
The salary is competitive depending experience, plus a bonus that will increase your salary substantially. Benefits include up to 30 days holiday plus all bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, life insurance, private medical insurance, free gym membership, discounted parking, and much more.Covid-19 & Remote Working
The business is currently operating a remote working policy. This may continue for the foreseeable future with non-office-essential individuals working full time from home. However, some office visits will be required from time to time, particularly when restrictions are lifted.How to Apply:
Please submit your CV for the Data Engineer vacancy. For further information, contact Michelle Turner on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth - Keywords:
Data Engineer, Business Intelligence, BI, Data Scientist, Data Management, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning, Systems Analyst, Data Architect, Docker, SQL, SSIS, ETL, Apache.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency