£40,000 + £4,800 car allowance + Bonus & Benefits
We are looking for a Telecoms Civils Supervisor in Maidenhead.You'll have a track record of supervising Utilities and should be NRSWA qualified with Highways experience.
Reporting to the Telecoms Build Manager you will be responsible for monitoring a Full Fibre Network project located in Maidenhead. You will oversee both the civil and fibre construction activities, making certain that the appointed principle contractor carries out all site operations on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines.Your duties will be:
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks to the Telecoms Build Manager
- Conduct site audits across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies to coordinate works
- Ensure principal contractors have site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused
- Deputise for the Telecoms Build Manager at Local Authority Highways/Roads and Contractor meetings.
- An understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA)
- OSPTelecoms Network Build experience
- Experience of managing contracted engineering works
- Fibre Optics Splicing & OTDR / ILM testing experience
- Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
- An understanding of method statements and risk assessments
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- IOSH managing safety or SMSTS
If you can demonstrate you meet the brief, then we'd be delighted to hear from you.