My client is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, offering fantastic careers in the Web Hosting and Cloud industry.
They design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within their wholly owned datacentres across Europe and the USA and they deliver these platforms at massive scale.About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled experienced Developer. The Developer role sits is one of three software development teams, working with the teams Lead Developer and Team Architect to deliver software projects to the business that meet the requirements and are on-time. As part of a small and skilled team, this Developer role will see you leading the software development on projects that develop full-stack systems, provide tooling for staff and provision award-winning products.
This Developer role is an exciting opportunity to use your exceptional software development and architectural skills and to get involved in and deliver projects at all levels of the system.Duties & Responsibilities
Your core responsibilities will include:
Skills & Expertise required
- Leading and delivering successful software development projects
- Meeting the requirements of projects as they have been defined while working with the Product Owners
- Implementing non-functional requirements as part of overall design and delivery
- Building the latest generation of hosted products
- Building rock-solid scalable solutions across a wide range of technologies
- Designing with consideration to wider system architecture
- Performing lifecycle management activities
Essential skills and experience:
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Highly experienced and skilled software developer
- A proven track record of delivering major software development projects
- Very strong core coding skills, including OO design, Design Patterns, Clean Coding, Testing Techniques
- Modern working practices, including CI/CD workflows, Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Keen interest in emerging technologies, learning new languages and skills
- Willingness to take ownership and engineer solutions
- Languages - PHP and JS (Typescript, Jamstack / Vue)
- Experience using Git
- Experience with automated testing
What you get:
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Building micro services and experience of Cloud Native architectures
- Knowledge of server virtualisation and containerisation technologies
- Languages - C# and Python
- Experience with Jira
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking close to offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Contributory pension scheme, Health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Free soft drinks, fruit and computer games available in our break rooms.
- Excellent coffee!
- Great social activities: summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.
Get in touch for more details and to apply