English and Literacy Lead Full Time MPS/UPS TLR2cSnodland
As a passionate, dedicated and talented classroom practitioner of English and Literacy we could be waiting to hear from you! Term Time Teachers are currently working with a vibrant school in Kent who are seeking an English and Literacy lead. Within this position you will be delivering and coordinating English, you will have the ability to make a major contribution to the future of the school and its plans for the future, contributions will be made to the teaching and learning within the department.Principal Responsibilities
Classroom experiences for the pupils
About the School:
- To teach important lessons that meet the specific needs of students and the curriculum.
- Ensure your students make expected progress or overachieve.
- Promote and use effective literacy and numeracy strategies in lessons to support student progress
- Plan and deliver the curriculum for each designated class and contribute to curriculum development within the department. Set and mark homework on a regular basis.
- Provide your students with differentiated experiences within their lessons.
- Mark and assess all pupil work and to keep clear records in line with department policy and National Curriculum guidelines.
- Take responsibility for the good conduct of all pupils in your charge and to make effective use of the school's systems of rewards and sanctions.
- Effective use of human and material resources within the department.
- To be involved with the development and review of schemes of work in your subject department.
- To contribute to the effective development of subject resource banks of materials.
- To complete all reports according to school policy and to attend all liaison meetings with parents in wider school activities.
- To engage in award evenings and other school events.
- Be familiar with the Code of Practice for identification and assessment of Special Educational Needs and keep appropriate records on Individual Education Plans for pupils
- To promote and comply with the school's policies on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
This School is a well-established 11-18 co-educational school, in the heart of the Medway Valley. The school was rebuilt in 2007 and it provides the community with modern, exceptionally well-resourced facilities. The school ethos is founded on traditional values and is developing into a thriving learning community where both students and staff are ambitious, determined and resilient in their unique learning journeys.
The school pride themselves on excellent teaching, state of the art facilities and an excellent climate for learning, supporting students to be the best they can be and being big enough for choice but small enough to care. The school has a friendly and supportive, but disciplined, environment and provides extensive learning opportunities which unlock student's self-belief and aspiration.Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).