Summary of Role
Associate within the GB Financial Institutions Middle Market team. Working alongside colleagues on a portfolio of financial services clients and prospects from around the globe, but predominantly UK and Channel Islands.
The role will include supporting client needs, the retention of clients and new business development, in the specialist area of Financial Lines insurances. The role will help to manage and develop client and Willis Towers Watson (WTW) relationships and grow the portfolio within the business unit and will be responsible for targeting and converting prospects.The Role
Client Relationship Management
- Understand the clients' business and risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Understand, apply and where necessary explain the BU policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain active relationships with our clients
- Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise where required
- Draw on expertise within specialist technical teams within the BU and across the Group for clients as required
- Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients' needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Supporting the drive of the sales process and business area practice activity in relation to winning, retaining and developing profitable new clients.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of prospects including maintaining WTW systems in order to create and convert sales opportunities.
- Respond quickly and accurately to new business introductions
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant products and services offered by Willis Towers Watson
- Networking - internally with other Business Units (BU's), within the sector, and with external specialists (lawyers, TPAs, insurers).
- Develop and maintain working relationships with market contacts
- Ensure transparency of agency and other commitments made to carriers and clients
- Understand and manage compliant processing of contracts as per FCA and contract certainty requirements
- Assist with loading of data into the relevant Systems
- Check policies, market presentations and client documentation as appropriate
- Assist in the delivery of the end to end ongoing client service, adhering to standardised policies, procedures and service standards
Operational and Service Delivery
- Communicate effectively
- Work to agreed service plans that define the engagement and timing of engagement with the client
- Manage KPIs to ensure targets are met
- Ensure adherence to Group policies, procedures and all regulatory requirements
- Provide feedback on corrective action required to retain clients or enhance process performance, actively supporting the implementation of any actions that are put in place
- Support the team and Willis Towers Watson in the management of risks applicable to BU
- Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility
- Maintain relevant qualifications required for the role
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Quick learner that demonstrates ability to build practical knowledge of account development and appropriate tools to achieve this aim
- Ability to build effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists
- Ability to represent the practice and Willis Towers Watson with integrity and credibility
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of Willis Towers Watson products and services
- Ability to work in a team environment but independently when required.
- Holds all regulatory licences, permissions and technical or other requirements applicable under UK legislation and FCA rules and guidelines
- Preferably ACII qualified or working towards the ACII qualification