Title: Head of Product Management
Do you have a Degree level (ideally in a marketing or product management discipline)? Do you have experience of running and managing a Product Management team, ideally in safety and / or electronics and / or automotive sectors? Do you have evidence of developing product strategy and product roadmaps and then driving delivery?Head of Product Management
required around Dartford
Location: around Dartford
The Role of Head of Product Management
This is a new senior management role responsible for the direction and performance of the company's safety product portfolio, helping to drive both company growth and profitability.
Having understood strategic direction and key market selection, the candidate will be expected to work with the Product Management team and other relevant teams across the business to lead the development of ambitious, yet sustainable product roadmaps, before planning for and ensuring delivery to specification, time and budget.
Whilst innovative technology and new products are essential, a balance must be struck between delivering these and maintaining and growing the existing product range, which already covers multiple technologies.
Understanding of safety concerns in the commercial vehicle and mobile machinery sectors will be critical to success. Therefore, whilst an office-based role, a reasonable amount of travel to meet with customers and understand product applications will be required both in the UK and overseas.
Relationships across the business will also be vital. The creation of strong internal collaborative relationships with, especially, the Engineering, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing functions is essential.
The position includes leadership and management of a team of 4 Product Managers (3 x Senior, 1 x Junior).
- Department Management
- Product Roadmap Development & Management
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Product Sales Forecasting, Reporting & Review
- Ad hoc projects and other activities
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful Head of Product Management
- Candidate should be educated to Degree level (ideally in a marketing or product management discipline)
- Experience of running and managing a Product Management team, ideally in safety and / or electronics and / or automotive sectors.
- Evidence of developing product strategy and product roadmaps and then driving delivery.
- Strong commercial project or product management experience vital (minimum 10 years' experience) with a track record of success
- Financially astute
- Proven ability to deliver cross departmental projects
- The ability to work across different product launches at any one time and to oversee and report on progress at a high level
- Expertise in product life cycle management
- MS Office - especially Excel
If you would like to learn more about the role Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Head of Product Management
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Head of Product Management
please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Head of Product Management
It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Head of Product Management
with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Head of Product Management
role you desire.