Global Accounting Network are working exclusively with a private equity-owned leisure business who are the global leader in their field and generate revenues of over £200m. Our client has also appeared in the Fast Track 100 - the network of Britain's top private companies.
This position is an essential part of the Finance Leadership Team based in London. The role offers an opportunity to provide tax support to a global organisation with responsibility for all aspects of the tax function. This is a highly visible role that requires gravitas, a can-do attitude and a flexible approach.Key Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have:
- Assisting finance managers with the annual tax accounting schedules under IFRS;
- Working with external providers to prepare the global consolidated tax provision in accordance with IFRS and notes for the group's financial statements;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual tax returns using a combination of internal resources and external advisors;
- Preparing tax budgets and forecasts as required;
- Managing and updating as appropriate, in conjunction with the group's external advisors, the group's transfer pricing model;
- Managing, supporting and providing ad hoc corporate tax guidance to the business;
- Advising the business on international indirect tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately;
- Preparation and filing of monthly UK VAT returns;
- Working with external advisors on tax due diligence on M&A projects to ensure key tax risks are identified and appropriate cover is obtained in SPA/tax deeds etc.;
- Assisting with the structuring of M&A activity undertaken by the group;
- Assisting with the maintenance of holding and financing structures;
- Identify tax planning strategies and opportunities for operations globally to manage global effective tax rates and assist with cash repatriation.
- A qualification in accounting or tax is required (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or CTA;
- Degree Qualification essential (minimum 2:1);
- Strong 'A' Level results;
- Exposure to group tax planning scenarios;
- Knowledge of accounting, finance control, reporting and business analysis;
- Good understanding of travel/tourism industry is preferred;
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex tax issues;
- Previous experience of SAP is preferred;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- A commercial nature and be comfortable with working at pace in a growing organisation;
- Demonstrate ability to present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Experience in program and time management;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while paying strict attention to detail.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Richard Bodles, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client's selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.