Shift Details: 6am - 6pm, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2 off
Work Level: Work Level 2
Advertising End Date: 30 Oct 2020
About The Role
Our Team Managers have the operation nailed. They're responsible for driving results through their teams. It's up to them to ensure their people are engaged, well managed and productive. It's fast and ever-changing - are you up for the challenge?
Reporting into the Department Manager, other tasks also include:
- Monitoring and driving KPIs and taking action to ensure they are all met on a daily and weekly basis
- Setting performance targets and reviewing progress and creating action plans to improve performance (including reducing of costs and the improvement of standards across all areas)
- Looking for solutions to problems and driving continuous improvement strategies
- Spotting and developing talent in your team through coaching and guidance
- Looking after colleague welfare and improving attendance standards
- Allocating task and holding daily shift briefs
About our Rushden site:
Here at our vegetable pack house in Northamptonshire, we prepare the freshest of veg ready for our customers to cook, fry, mash and crunch.
This is where we help our customers with their five a day. Every year we prepare 73,000 tonnes of potatoes, 25,000 tonnes of carrots and 20,000 tonnes of onions. That would make one very big hotpot! Here around 300 colleagues work on flex hour contracts and we run two 12 hours shifts, seven days a week.
As well as having a strong work ethic. You will also have:
- Management/Supervisory experience within a large scale production/warehouse operation, ideally across Food Manufacturing
- The ability to challenge decisions and behaviours to ensure consistency in service to our customers, and will demonstrate your ability to problem solve
- A proven track record of people management and delivering strong results through a team in a people management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
- An understanding of cost models and experience of budgetary control and understand pest control management.
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.