To see more Mandarin jobs please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf AND pfteamchina
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Chinese spkg Securities Settlement Assistant (Investment Bank)
Your New Salary: Highly competitive depending on experience + benefits + bonus
Status: This is a permanent position but you will start as temporary for the first 6 months due to HQ policy. You would be able to transfer to permanent employee depending on satisfactory performance
Location: Central London
The position is responsible for providing trade and operations support to the London cash equities desk of a leading Chinese Investment bank. The successful candidate will work closely with the Operations team in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Post-execution trade support, reconciliation and settlement function of equities, between front, middle and back office systems
- Identification, investigation and resolution of errors, discrepancies and queries promptly to ensure timely settlements, the integrity and accuracy of the company's trading positions
- Extensive contact with front-office team and clients on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain operational relationships with key clients and third parties (IT Vendors, Exchanges)
- Working closely with compliance to help ensure smooth operation of the business within the rules and regulations in various local jurisdictions
The skills you need to succeed:
- Relevant experience, with good understanding of OMS, Oasys CTM, clearing and settlement services
- Familiar with front to back business flow of European/Asian cash equity booking and settlement, ideally with experience in markets of Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Good understanding of Stock Connect and Chinese markets
- Good knowledge of relevant regulatory requirement changes and updates
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to multi-task, problem-solve and have great attention to detail
- Team orientated with ability to take ownership of the operations function and prioritise effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, with both internal and external parties
- Speaking Mandarin is preferred
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Degree in finance, economics or accounting preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry
Please view all our Chinese jobs on our website.
Please follow us on Linkedin.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.