We are recruiting for a Senior Development Engineer to join an industry leading business in Norwich, as a key member of the deliver team the role will be to assist in the development of design techniques for the company's products using Autodesk Inventor.
Responsibilities of the Senior Development Engineer:
* Oversee and develop the Digital Design processes leading to the automated production of CAD models, drawing packs, design documentation and technical reports.
* Understand and develop the automation of the detailed BOM's and their integration into the Business procurement systems.
* Understand and develop the integration of Digital Design tools within the existing Vault environment, including components and assemblies to enable greater efficiencies in design capabilities.
* Continually employ the principles of Design for Manufacture and value engineering throughout design undertakings, but never deviating from or compromising designated standards / requirements.
* Where applicable to record, analyse and interpret test data.
* Help with the development, population and harmonisation of the Company's processes and Knowledge-based systems.
* Experience in a Mechanical Design environment.
* Knowledge and use of AutoDesk Inventor/Inventor Professional CAD skills.
* Knowledge and use of Vault at "Administrator" levels.
* Knowledge and use of Inventor API's.
* Knowledge of the Water Industry would be advantageous
* Knowledge of electrical wiring regulations and Machinery Directive.
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
* Ability to read and understand P & ID's.
* Educated to a minimum of a HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering or science discipline.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 dependent on experience