My Warrington based client, a large national service-based organisation is looking for a Qualified Management Accountant on a 3-6 month interim basis. Following a number of recent, high profile acquisitions, our client requires a competent, technical finance professional to assist them with their increased workload and integrations.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will take full ownership of the month end process, producing month end financial reports with insightful commentary and analysis. You will also support finance and non-finance Directors with ad-hoc commercial information that will provide a sound platform to make informed strategic and operational decisions.
Main responsibilities include:
* Monthly management accounts production, including detailed reporting & analysis relating to both revenue and costs to support key business decisions
* Supporting the Financial Controller with driving best practice financial controls, processes and procedures
* Supporting the preparation of the annual budget / forecasts and reforecasts
* Liaison with department heads and Board Directors - reporting and reviewing actual and forecast performance at both detailed and summary level
* Reviewing the company profit & loss account - and relevant sections of the Balance Sheet of each group company - to ensure they are completed accurately and on a timely basis
* Business Partnering - Providing supplementary reporting, analysis and support to all board directors and the Senior Management team
* Obtaining, collating and developing management reporting pack on a monthly basis
* Ensuring the provision of timely and valuable management and operational information across the business - maintaining and expanding a range of reports in order to assist budget holders in the effective management of their costs and revenue targets
Offering an immediate / imminent start for the ideal, available candidate, you will contribute towards an already professional, friendly working environment that is surrounded by a wealth of experienced and talented financial professionals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role and must demonstrate and advanced level of Microsoft Excel and have ideally worked with a large ERP system.