CNC Machine Shop Supervisor.Reports to: Production Manager.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced CNC machinist to join CTE as the Supervisor of our CNC Machine Shop.
A background in 3 and 5 axis milling and turning is essential as well as off-line programming experience.
The role is very much technically biased and hands on with the following approximate split.
80-85% bias in terms of the following technical based responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth running of the CNC Machine Shop. This will include hands on machine operating/programming and off-line programming.
- Attending daily production meeting to establish and understand requirements.
- Assessing engineering drawings to establish a strategy for creating a machined part. Implementing the strategy with consideration to which machine, or combination thereof gives the most efficient use of time and resources, available tooling and whether new tooling is required.
- Alerting, and liaising with purchasing and production staff as to material/tool requirements.
- Off-line programming using HyperMill software, to ensure each machine has the programs required for the planned work.
- Assessing and agreeing lead times with the Production Manager.
- Ensuring quality targets are met at all times. Liaise with Quality Engineer so that all parties are aware of tolerance limits and how these are to be attained and measured.
- Planning work across several machines in order to maximise machine efficiency.
- Liaising with engineering staff to ensure quotes are accurate with focus on materials and machine run times.
- Implement and maintain machine maintenance schedules.
The remaining 15-20% responsibilities to include:
- Have a strong involvement in the development staff members skill/capability levels and training. Including being invested in staff appraisals.
- Manage machine shop staff workload, holidays, attendance and overtime etc.
Hours: 7.30 - 5.00 Mon - Fri
Holiday 25 days plus BH.
Location Aylesbury, Bucks.
Salary. DOE. Competitive.