Maintenance Engineer in Thetford - up to £42,000
A leading manufacturing business in Thetford are looking to an experienced Maintenance Engineer on a full time, permanent basis to join their Production & Maintenance division.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will provide production & breakdown cover across the facility, supporting operations by ensuring all engineering & maintenance tasks are carried out.
Responsibilities will include:
- Corrective maintenance activities
- Carry out small projects and modifications as required
- Quickly assess the nature of the breakdown & act accordingly
- Test run & start-up of installations and systems following repairs to ensure correct operation
- Investigate proposals for improvements encouraged
- Carry out PPM inspections & maintenance & carry out corrective maintenance repairs
- Carry out general maintenance as required
Candidates with the following experience, knowledge and skills will be required:
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in an Engineering qualification (Electrical/Mechanical/Maintenance etc)
- Experience working within a fast paced manufacturing environment (preferably Food or FMCG)
- A thorough understanding of both Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Ability to read, understand & work with schematic drawings & diagrams
- Basic electrical wiring and maintenance skills
- General Workshop Skills
- Self organised & motivated
Week 1: 6am to 2:30pm / Week 2: 2pm to 10:30pm / Week 3: 10pm to 6am
In return you'll work for a leading business whose products are recognised and used across the UK. The business offer an excellent salary and benefits package, which includes 25 days holiday (+ 8 Bank Holidays), Company Pension (up to 5%), Life Assurance (4 X your salary) as well as 'double time' for shutdowns and an extra day holiday for the Christmas break.
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.