G7 Economist required for 3-month home based contract, paying up to £500 per day Inside Ir35.Main Duties and Responsibilities
·Devising methods and procedures for obtaining data in relation to budgets and the economy.
·Development of an economic framework.
·Understanding various sampling techniques that may be used to conduct different types of surveys.
·Creating and using various econometric modelling techniques to develop forecasts.
·Understanding and interpreting data gained from models and other research sources.
·Analysing data to test the effectiveness of current policies, products or services and advising on the suitability of alternative courses of action, allocation of scarce resources and providing sound evidence to support these decisions.
·Explaining research methodology and justifying conclusions drawn from research data.
·Providing economic advice to a range of stakeholders and evaluating past / present economic issues and trends.Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of being a self-starter, and demonstrating ability to work on own initiative, in identifying opportunities for analysis and delivering high quality analytical outputs
- Experience of communicating economic analysis, evidence and concepts clearly in a way that is easy to understand.
- Experience of building and maintaining a network of colleagues and contacts, including other organisations, to achieve progress on shared outcomes.
- Excellent analytical skills including quantitative skills (at least intermediate proficiency with Excel) and ability to quality assure others' analysis
- A history of working across a multidisciplinary analytical team and with policy professionals
- A proven track record of producing high-quality and policy-relevant analysis
- A first- or second-class honours degree in economics, or postgraduate degree in economics.
- At least 50% of course modules must be in economics.
Inside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Evodia Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.