Up to £19.50 DOE + excellent benefitsEvolve Consultant:
Join an award-winning care home provider, who offer residential, dementia and nursing care homes across the UK. Our client offers care homes of the highest quality and seek equally high-quality Nurses and Nurse Managers to join their enthusiastic and dedicated teams.
We are seeking a Unit Manager to lead and deliver excellent standards of clinical care to our client's residents. This is an exciting position within a care home in Harrow. As the Unit Manager you will ensure continuity of care to residents by promoting and delivering high standards of person-centred care, including personal care.Essential Requirements
- RGN Preferred
- NMC PIN number
- Medication training and experience of leading colleagues in similar role is essential
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing teams within care homes.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Committed in expanding your knowledge and personal development
Role Specific Competencies
- Lead a team of senior carers and carers to provide staff support including demonstration and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction of new staff.
- To enhance and promote the resident's quality of life.
- Manage and participate in the rota, to ensure senior care and care support is always available.
- Responsible for supporting the Deputy Manager in the management of the medication systems used and for the ordering and distribution of prescribed medication to residents.
- Assist residents in their personal care including toileting, bathing, dressing, and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals.
- Serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of residents requiring additional attention at mealtimes.
- Carry out care activities in accordance with the care plan for less active and poorly residents, particularly turning and moving to reduce the risk of development of pressure sores, as requested by the person in charge.
- Assist residents with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at mealtimes and other communal areas for social activities and stimulation and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas; ensure areas are decorated as rooms become vacant and that the whole environment is checked regularly to achieve the desired standards.
- Have responsibility for coordinating documentation of individual plans of care and reporting back to the Deputy and Home Manager.
- Organise and manage regular team meetings to ensure information is cascaded to the team.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all residents, families, visitors, and colleagues
- Willingness to participate in further training
Interested? Please get in contact with us on 0113 457 0777 to speak to Lauren Ward
Evolve is a leading UK recruitment and contract sales organisation (CSO), operating within the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Medical Device sectors. We offer a highly comprehensive range of permanent recruitment and flexible contract sales solutions.