We get behind the data that really matters! Our focus is to achieve progress through data-enabled decisions and through a culture where performance leads. Our goal is to craft a more open and transparent financial market to drive a more balanced world. To help achieve that aim, EIT aims to bring cutting edge and industry leading data science technology to bear on the large scale content challenges for Refinitiv and its customers. This is what makes this opportunity so exciting!
As the Director, Enterprise Intelligent Technology (EIT) you will provide
leadership and technical direction to various technical development and support functions across the EIT roadmap. You will drive transformational changes from legacy through to bleeding edge technology putting AI, Data Science and Natural Language Programming into practice, making sure outcomes are commercial and business focused.
A key part of your role will be in crafting and maintaining a positive relationship with our internal business partners, making sure the business and technology roadmaps align succinctly. Additional to this you will have effective control, leadership and responsibility for the delivery of the EIT Programme - including scoping, scheduling, managing budgets, quality control, and driving business value. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivery and possess a pragmatic and problem-solving mindset.
In this exciting role you'll be line managing between 5 and 12 technical managers, providing mentorship and support in order to increase efficiency and team output.
If this is starting to sound exciting, we'd love to hear from you!General Description
Key Responsibilities/Areas of Accountability
- The point contact for EIT in general, covering both delivery, administrative and staffing issues.
- Act as delegate to CTO Leadership Team (CTO-1 Leader) for any EIT related work.
- Ensure EIT aligns with the broader data platform and Refinitiv organisations.
- Overall responsibility for running the EIT organisation and locations
- The successful candidate will combine a deep understanding of Data Science and the financial domain with a proven track record to be able to lead a global technology team and deliver against aggressive business roadmaps.
- Also highly desired is a deep experience of applying data science at an industrial scale and achieving business transformation through applied innovation
- Day to day Line management of rest of the EIT leadership team
- Handling of all HR and staffing issues
- Accountable and Attending on all SteerCo and Programme level meetings with stakeholders
- Coordination with content operations groups and other internal customers
- Responsible for OpCo reporting and enforcing standard admin (e.g. timesheet compliance)
- Responsible for budget adherence
- Coordination with central programme management organisations
- Business Case planning and commitment
- Aligning EIT staffing with global resourcing strategy, standards and guidelines
- Interface between EIT and the CTO leadership organisation
- Roll out of new central processes, such as cyber security
- Infrastructure migration and "Keep the lights on" KTLO reduction/ migration to strategic solutions
- Managing up: Point contact and clear reporting to all key stakeholders
- Managing down: Providing on-message communication, direction and vision to the EIT teams
- Ensuring effective execution of any central initiatives
- Driving a programme of delivery, ensuring aggressive and timely planning and execution
- Ensuring high quality of all EIT deliveries and compliance with corporate standards
- Establishing and promoting an innovative technology strategy and direction
- Collaboration with the Labs organisation
- Ensure effective use of outsourcing and scale partners
- Engagement of third part technology providers
- Leading response and follow up on production issues
We're building a community of extraordinary people who will break new barriers and redefine what data can do. If you're relentlessly focussed on delivering success, you could join them.We care about benefits too.
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.