IT Support Engineer, REMOTE£25,000 to £30,000
If you are an experienced IT Support Engineer with at least 2 years' experience supporting a helpdesk, and don't mind remote working then this role is ideal for you. Working with a successful MSP in Scotland that need someone that can handle a busy helpdesk providing desktop, server, Microsoft 365 and VOIP support to a number of clients. The best thing about the role is that you can work from home when you are not on client site installing, configuring or diagnosing hardware and software faults.Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality technical support to our customer base
- Identify and resolve technical issues to a high quality
- Engage with 3rd party/vendors where appropriate to escalate/prioritise issues
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to improve/upgrade systems
- Ensure documentation is updated and created as required
- Raising and closing tickets across the Service Desk / Helpdesk, ensuring a timely and friendly service
- Escalating complex queries to senior members of staff and using teamwork to reach quick resolutions for clients to minimise business downtime
- Using monitoring software systems to manage alerts in an efficient manner
- Prioritising workloads to ensure all client queries are dealt with accordingly
- Provide a permanent fix, not a workaround where possible.
- At least a years' experience in a helpdesk role
- Experience in a fast-paced support environment
- Good understanding of networks Lan/Wan/WLan
- Experience with Microsoft 365
- Friendly and keen to learn
- Experience diagnosing broadband issue's
- Draytek Routers
- Ubiquiti Unifi devices
This role suits someone that likes the freedom of working from home, but also has no issues with visiting client sites to give support that may be too challenging to complete remotely. Most of this companies client base are in Scotland so although travel may be required it will not be too far from their head office.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.