Protocol are currently recruiting for qualified Learning Support Assistant's to join a fantastic team of support staff based in Havering. They are committed to ensuring all of their staff are given the opportunity to progress and develop in their careers, within a professional and comfortable working environment.
You will be a key player in supporting the education of learners with a diagnosis of SEND who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply now.
* To provide learning support for the learner in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups
* To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the learner and seek advice from the Senior Learning Support Assistant, class teacher or other agency as required.
* Attend to learners' personal care needs, including social, health, hygiene, first-aid administration, medication administration and welfare matters, as well as assisting to and from classes as necessary and monitoring during breaks where appropriate
* To provide support for learners in order to promote access, integration and progression.
The person & qualifications
* Experience of working with students with learning difficulties or disabilities
* Experience of or willingness to train, in order to offer personal care support to students with a physical disability
* Good understanding of key SEN issues e.g. code of practice, disability rights
* Demonstrable experience of the ability to understand and support children with developmental difficulty or disability
* Knowledge/Awareness of Autism
* Knowledge/Awareness of Challenging Behaviours
* A sound understanding of the need for Additional Learning Support
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.