Leading a small but capable digital marketing team, of this pure e-commerce business, you will have overall responsibility for marketing but with a specific focus on driving customer acquisition and brand awareness.
Whilst working across all digital channels, how this is done, will be largely down to you, so you will need to demonstrate an ability to work with and interpret data to demonstrate the logic behind the determined strategies along with the creation and management of a marketing budget.
Since inception some 6 years ago, the business has seen significant year on year growth but with VC support the business is now looking to move on to its next stage of development. This is therefore an excellent opportunity for a digital marketer with a proven track record of being able to formulate and implement marketing strategies that have delivered substantial growth to take on a whole new challenge, with scope of being able to play a defining role in determining the future marketing strategies of this already rapidly growing business.
This is a fulltime senior role based at the Company's offices within the West Midlands, with relatively easy motorway access.
Reporting to the CEO, you will have overall responsibility for the marketing function of the business including a defining role in the development of the Company's future marketing strategy covering all aspects of marketing but with a focus on customer acquisition, whilst ensuring continuity across customer retention with the additional aim of significantly increasing overall brand awareness
You will generate traffic to our website via social media, including the development of relationships with various social media Influencers, pay per click, SEO, content marketing and affiliates.
Social Media Marketing
You will maximise our revenue from our social media audience across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube by
• Implementing a cohesive social media strategy.
• Maximising audience engagement across our social media estate.
• Growing our social media audiences.
• Developing relationships with social media influencers.
Pay Per Click Marketing
We are active across paid channels with campaigns on a number of Search & Shopping platforms, including Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube. You will maximise the revenue from these channels by:
• Overseeing all aspects of paid search, including campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords.
• Maximising the efficiency of the paid search budget across all platforms.
• Developing bespoke paid search campaigns for marketing activities.
• Maximising Return On Ad Spend (ROAS) and Profitability.
Search Engine Marketing
You will maximise our organic traffic by:
• Working with the Marketing Team and Product & Content Team to ensure that all our digital content is optimised for organic search.
• Overseeing the reporting on ranking and reputation of and its competitors, including feedback on those sites, blogs and forums that the Marketing Team should be targeting and could be working with.
• Maintaining an awareness of the latest developments in SEO.
You will maximise inbound traffic by creating, publishing and distributing content to targeted audiences online by:
• Working with the Product & Content Team to develop blogs.
• Developing other content as appropriate, e.g. videos and podcasts.
• Oversee analytics tracking and reporting across our digital marketing channels.
• Provide timely information on all marketing activity to senior management.
You will drive customer retention, including increasing Customer Lifetime Value, in the following areas: CRM and Remarketing.
You will maximise revenue from email marketing by:
• Growing our email subscription list.
• Creating and delivering optimised email creative campaigns and automated flows.
• Maximising Open, Click Through and Conversion Rates.
• Developing and managing a cohesive CRM programme, including database analysis, customer profiling, segmentation and retargeting activities.
• Implementing the CRM road map and any new email marketing initiatives.
You will implement and manage remarketing campaigns across paid search and email.
You will oversee the management and optimisation of our Rewards scheme to help drive long term customer value.
You will manage a small but capable team of digital marketers so experience in people management and staff development is essential.
Experience of managing relationship with retained marketing agencies and other adhoc consultants.
The role will also require you to be fully at ease in communicating with senior executive management including presentations in terms of marketing proposals and result reporting.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Be a Graduate
• Have demonstrable experience in a senior digital marketing role with at least 5 years' experience.
• Creation and management of marketing budgets.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
You will be a confident IT user and will ideally be fully at ease with data extraction and analysis
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic with at least five years of experience in driving the digital acquisition and retention of customers, preferably within a pure e-commerce environment.
• Be a strong team player.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to impart detailed information in a clear and straightforward manner.
• Have a passion for digital marketing.
• Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Be well-organised and efficient with strong planning capabilities.
• Be able to work to multiple, competing deadlines.
• Have strong commercial acumen.
• Have strong Microsoft Office skills and a high level of numeracy.
BENEFITS & PACKAGE
• Competitive salary.
• Workplace Pension Scheme.
• Staff discount of 10%.
• 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays.
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday - Friday (40 Hrs per week)
• As with any managerial role, you will be expected to work additional hours, as necessary, to ensure the smooth running of the business and to fulfil your own duties.