EICA Designer (contract role)
Our client who are a large engineering design consultant are looking to recruit a contract EICA Designer for a 6-month period/ possibly ongoing contract role. The client requires the candidate to be able to use 2D CAD, 3D not required, if they have experience of AutoCAD electrical that's a bonus. Ideally the successful candidate would need to know how to use AMTECH. The role will mainly be to assist the engineers by implementing the work they are creating.
- Able to work effectively within the EICA engineering team a within a multi discipline Engineering project team
- Carry out all Design activities using their own initiative, to the agreed milestones and quality targets
- Should be able to identify Design scope change and report this to the Senior or EICA Engineer , supporting them in the management of the change process
- Able to assist Engineers within their own discipline, or on specific projects for small Engineering teams
- Should be able to assist and supervise Apprentice and Graduate Engineers / Designers
- Be responsible for ensuring quality in all Engineering designs and projects including, the checking of their own work to company procedures
- Comply with all safety rules and CDM requirements for design work, including participation in, design reviews and Client requirements meetings
- Comply with all company processes and procedures
- Be able to assist with Engineering and Design estimates, including detailed man hour costs for carrying out deliverables
Shall be able to produce and develop in line with the Engineer the production of detailed EICA specifications and scopes of work, EICA design drawings, EICA schedules which can include; cable routing drawings, schematic and single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, loop diagrams, termination diagrams, material datasheets, general arrangement drawings, cable and load schedules, equipment schedules, scope documents.
Assist with the selection & specification of general LV electrical items e.g. distribution equipment, isolation & control equipment, light fittings, cables, protective devices
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
- HNC / HND in an EICA Engineering Discipline (Preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in EICA Design
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of EICA design
- Experienced in carrying out design on multi discipline Engineering projects
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
- Experience within the main Process, Power and Energy industries (Desired)
- Experience of working in a team of designers.
- Experienced user of AutoCAD and general PC basic software packages.