Psychology Graduate - Teaching Assistant
Prospero Teaching are looking to recruit several Psychology Graduates to work within Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges around the Welshpool area.
These roles are perfect for graduates who want to learn what it's like to work within education, or for graduates wanting to gain school experience in order to join a PGCE later down the line.
The roles generally involve working 1:1 with individuals who need support within and outside of the classroom in order to boost attainment. Some work may give the TA exposure to supporting SEN pupils with needs such as autism, ADHD, learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
You will provide pre-planned small group and 1-1 sessions, promote positive pupil behaviour and development, and assist the class teacher with the day to day running of the classroom.
As a Psychology graduate, you will have an advantageous understanding of special educational needs such as autism and ADHD. Your knowledge will help contribute to the effective formation of interventions to enable pupils to reach their full potential.
Teaching Assistant Contract/Position Details
* Location - Welshpool
* Position - Psychology Graduate
* Type of work - Learning support for pupils who require additional support
* Start date - ASAP
* Likely Duration - Ongoing supply cover
* Contract type - Temporary
* Full-time & Part Time roles available
* Minimum rate of pay - £60 (Negotiable dependent on experience)
* Hours - 8:45am-3.30pm (term time only)
Supply Teaching Assistant Experience, Training and Qualifications
* It is desirable but not essential that you would have a Psychology degree, Childcare qualification or have an interest in looking into doing a qualification to further your career as a Teaching Assistant.
* Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
* Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
* Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
* Provide two professional references.
To register your interest in becoming a Teaching Assistant with Prospero in the Welshpool area please send your CV - Alternatively call Jack 01432 802500 and she will ring you immediately to arrange a registration.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Supply Teaching Assistant
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management