Sheridan Maine are recruiting for an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator / Payroll Officer with experience supervising a team, to join an expanding team providing an outsourced Payroll service to clients.
Within this role you will have proven experience running various sized payrolls and have practical experience and a full understanding of statutory requirements, along with the ability to supervise a team within a busy payroll environment.
Key elements of the role will include:
• Supervising a team of Payroll Administrators
• Running weekly, monthly and quarterly payrolls, for a portfolio of clients
• Training and developing the team
• Liaising with clients to ensure they are happy with the service
• Dealing directly with client queries
• Liaising with HRMC around employee payments
• Inputting and checking starters/leavers declarations, P45s, P6/9s, holiday pay, salaries, worked hours, overtime, expenses, mileage, bonus payments, statutory payments, including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP
• Auto Enrolment reconciliations and assessments
• Liaising with the Pension providers
• Producing PAYE schedules for clients, calculating any deductions including student loans, employer's allowance and CIS tax suffered
• Setting up new PAYE schemes with HMRC
• Carrying out RTI year-end procedures, including issuing declarations for client signature and P60s
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, professional and adaptable with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.