Lead Front End Developer, Angular/TypeScript, £60-65k, can be worked fully remote. head office in Dorset.
Lead Front End / Angular Developer (UK Fully Remote)
Head office - Dorset, South Coast.
£60000 - £65000 + Package
Please note my client cannot offer VISA Sponsorship for this role.
Must have work examples in Git Repository or similar.
Your new company
You will be joining an international, technology first business in a sector everyone expects knows will surge the other side of Covid. They had plans to double their headcount to 50+ people within a year before the pandemic and are ready to resume expanding. The head office is in the heart of Dorset and has been completely modernised and kitted out ready for their next phase of growth.
This role is offered as a fully remote position, providing you are eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
Your new role
Having pivoted their business to offer a suite of virtual products the project pipeline here is very busy. You'll build software for some of the leading names in automotive, aviation, retail and ecommerce (and it doesn't stop there). It's a truly exciting time to be joining a business that carved out a successful niche, then reimagined themselves in recent times.
The main application you'll work on is hybrid as it works on Web, Android and iOS. There is also a web based CRM for uploading content. Both have moved, or are in the process of moving to the most recent version of Angular.
This role can be considered hybrid. Front End Devs here are responsible for contributing to the collaborative project process and working together with the team to turn design concepts into high quality digital work. As the Lead of the team you'll be involved in that hands-on work, but also overseeing a small team of Developers and ensuring there is a healthy agile working environment with an open floor policy for ideas and implementation. All code will need to be unit tested and must follow best practice guidelines in place, so you'll drive this as part of your role.
It's not somewhere you will be pigeon-holed and you'll guess there is great autonomy and trust given to the devs. This is a two-way agreement in regard to flexibility and you'll consider yourself highly self-motivated to help a fully remote tech team deliver.
What you'll need to succeed
We're looking for an Angular 2+ specialist, someone who really believes in and embraces the capabilities of the framework. You'll need 6+ years of professional Front End experience, experience managing developers and will be comfortable with the majority of the requirements from day 1:
* Manage a remote team of developers whilst maintaining a high level of motivation
* Manage workload via project management tools such as Jira
* Coordinate and manage software releases
* Work with QA team to ensure new releases and features are fully tested
* Peer review code in a constructive manner
* Mentor junior developers
* Deliver new features on time and communicate progress to senior stake holders
* Assist with the recruitment of new developers
* Deploying both web and native app builds
* Angular 2+ (or React, Vue etc...)
* Sass (or any other css preprocessor)
* Hybrid web-app frameworks (Cordova/Ionic etc...)
* NGRX (or other state management tools)
* RxJs (or any other reactive programming library)
* Unit testing
* Good understanding of version Control (Git etc...)
* Experience with RESTful API's
* Build tools such as WebPack, Gulp, Grunt, etc
* Continuous integration pipeline tools (CircleCi etc...)
* Experience writing scripts to automate build processes etc...
* Experience with third party services (Sentry, Lokalise, App Flow, Ably and Firebase etc...)
What you'll get in return
You'll join a team where work life balance is not an abstract culture, in fact quite the opposite as remote working has been the norm here for years. There are flexible hours to add to the remote options and the company will fund courses to further your professional development. The office is modern and in an idyllic location should you be in the South Coast of England and there are regular incentives to drive the team forward.
What you need to do now
Please apply to this advert directly, or contact Max Wilcock at Hays using 01202 048614. Ensure you have work examples ready to submit once your application has been accepted by the consultant.