Deputy Education Service Manager, a wonderful opportunity to join an outstanding college who provide specialist education for adults with complex disability needs.
This is a newly created role due to the growth and the success of this college. With your educational background and understanding of OFSTED requirements, you will have the ability to plan and teach exciting lessons to develop and inspire all learners. Description of Role
As the Deputy Education Service Manager, you will work with the Education Service Manager and senior colleagues to effectively manage, plan and implement quality education, learning and care provision for learners with sensory loss/impairment
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- You will support the Education Service Manager in leading the continued success and future development of specialist education, learning and care provisions.
- As part of fulfilling all learner achievement and development, you will ensure that every opportunity is given to learners to access further education and supported work programmes according to their needs. Providing a customised and high-quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use the services.
- You will also line manage staff, including the supervision and appraisal of support staff, observations of practice and demonstrate effective communication to staff and appropriate guidance and support.
Our client is looking for a committed and enthusiastic Deputy Education Service Manager with strong leadership skills to deliver specialist education for adults with complex disability needs.
You will hold a suitable teaching qualification and have experience of working in the field of special education.
- Relevant degree or higher-level qualification, ideally a Certificate in BSL
- Level 5 or above teaching qualification, ideally a MSI degree or diploma
- At least 2 years' experience of working with learners with a learning disability and sensory loss, and relevant teaching experience in a specialist educational setting
- Sound understanding of the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework 2019
- Working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice 2014, including EHCP outcomes and provision planning