Be part of the solution. Young adults with the right support will grow out of crime.
Supreme recruitment are currently working in partnership with a Young Offenders Institute based in Feltham who are looking to recruit Art Teacher to join their team on a permanent basis. Part time / job share considered.Person Specification
- Degree, equivalent professional qualifications, or extensive industrial experience in your specialist area(s)
- Possession of a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching accredited qualifications from your specialist area(s) from Entry Level to Level 3
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively and to prepare relevant materials.
- An ongoing interest in and knowledge of recent developments in your specialist area(s)
- Other relevant industrial experience in your specialist area(s)
- An awareness of the pastoral and the academic needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
- An understanding of and commitment to the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults within a Further Education and Young Offenders Institution context.
Due to the nature of the establishment, there are certain procedures and requirements that must be adhered too for security reasons.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
Full vetting required.
Apply now with covering letter and current full CV