Are you a qualified Mechanical Engineer who wants to work on cutting edge technology designs in the Scientific Instrumentation, Aerospace, Motorsport and Medical Device sectors? Can you interpret assembly drawings and build complex Specialist Machinery from the ground up? If you're a great problem solver and take pride in your quality of work, why not join our brand new team?
BASIC SALARY: Up to £40,000
· Profit Related Pay
· 24 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
· Health Scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Preston, Rochdale, Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield, Stockport, Warrington, Liverpool, Bolton, Wigan
· We're an exciting new division within a long established business so you'll get both job security AND the chance to work on brand new projects.
· Our machines are used by OEM's across the Scientific Instrumentation, Aerospace, Motorsport and Medical Device sectors so variety is the name of the game.
· We'll invest heavily in your career development, whether you have management aspirations or to become the best Mechanical Engineer you can be.
Over the past 50 years we've established a reputation for the highest quality of service delivery and our new Specialist Machine Division is no exception. As our Mechanical Engineer, you'll take the lead in the building of our bespoke vacuum based PVD coating and Plasma reaction equipment.
You'll join a growing team, reporting into the Engineering Director and working closely with our Head of Machine Design. You'll be involved at every stage of the machine build including:
· The accurate and full assembly of all machines to time and within budget.
· Help manage the day to day activities on the shop floor to ensure completion of assemblies
· Carry out installation, training and servicing of machines at customer sites.
This is a unique role so you'll be a unique Mechanical Engineer.
· Be a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Mech Eng Degree / HND / HNC / ONC) with some exposure to Electrical.
· Demonstrate experience of hands-on machine assembly and fitting across a wide range of mechanical elements.
· Be experienced in building complex, highly technical machinery to demanding tolerances.
· Be proficient in reading mechanical assembly drawings, from sub-assembly through to final build.
· Be able to implement Change Control processes covering rectification and engineering change.
You may have an understanding of PVD, RF or Thermal technology as well as a knowledge of vacuum structural designs and principles but these are not essential.
Above all you'll have a passion for what you do and be a great mentor to the others in your team. You'll have demonstrably high standards and be driven to do what is necessary to build the best quality machine you can. You'll be a team player with an innovative and creative drive, someone who is excited at the being involved at the cutting edge of technology design.
We are a market leading specialist in the coating and heat treatment of steel & nonferrous parts for the Aerospace, Medical and Engineering industries. With an annual turnover of over £20m and 245 people across 4 UK sites, we're well established but continuing to grow across new and exciting market sectors.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Engineer, Installation Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Machine Fitter, Workshop Engineer, Machine Build, Machine Service, Machine Installation, Heat Treatment, Coatings, Vacuum Coating, Structural Analysis, Mass Flow Controllers, Mass Flow Spectrometry, Vacuum Packaging, Manufacturing Machinery, Industrial Machinery, Rotating Valves, Pumps, Wiring.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH16112, Wallace Hind Selection