The People Alliance are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to assist the Client Services Director in developing the administration team(s) in Wokingham, Reading and Leeds.Your role will be to provide full time management of the teams, with a particular focus on aspects such as commercial, people, client and process development. For the right individual, client management and fee earning work will also be involved, but the priority of the role is the on-going delivery of services, the development of the capabilities of those reporting to you, and of the systems, procedures, and compliance framework used by the company as a whole.
Please note that we will consider flexible working arrangements for this role. Our range of pensions administration services include:
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Scheme administration
- Scam identification
- Payroll services
- Pension scheme accounting
- De-risking projects
- Technical consultancy
Your objectives will be to assist your Client Services Director to:
- Contribute to maintaining the high quality standards required within the company, and seek continually to enhance the quality long term sustainability of the services provided to our clients across the business.
- Manage and continually develop the pension's administration capability by demonstrating positive leadership skills and actively mentoring Administration Managers when required.
- Actively contribute to the attraction, training and retention of employees by recruiting appropriately; and motivating, rewarding and developing existing employees. Manage HR issues, and coordinate administration resources.
- Develop the commercial aspects of the function, involving Administration Managers in tendering and client facing work, billing effectively for value added to clients, and ensure that profit is delivered. Participate in on-going detailed analysis of the efficiency of our systems and processes.
- Assist on tendering processes, creating responses to tenders and leading the administration aspects of full service tenders.
- Conduct client assignments such as trustee secretarial appointments, project work, client relationship management etc.
- Build strong and productive relationships with senior actuaries across the business, in all other offices.
- Assist on strategic business change and effectively manage the implementation of new practices and processes.
- Contribute to business wide process and systems change.
Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.Job RequirementsKnowledge & experience
Training, education & qualification
- Already an experienced and successful pension professional, you will have a strong track record in managing, developing and delivering pensions administration services.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a very thorough knowledge of technical pension administration activities and the ability to apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes is required.
- Proven experience in all areas of the new business lifecycle including formulating and writing proposals, preparing and delivering client pitches and subsequent client negotiations.
- Experience of operating within and contributing to a compliant framework, and a strong understanding of quality standards.
- Previous line management experience is required, including appraisal process, HR issue management, performance management and recruitment related activities.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B.
- APMI (or applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered).
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Proven leadership proficiency - both mentoring and motivating.
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to inspire, motivate, lead and manage a diverse team of professionals from trainee to senior consultant levels.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Being a good and enthusiastic team player.
- A high degree of organisation with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A strong results oriented commercial and professional focus.
- Confidence in dealing at board room level and have a creative and forward-thinking approach.
- An ability to recognise the need for a customer focused approach to their service delivery both in terms of quality and exceeding customer expectations.
- Well-developed project management skills and the ability to see projects/tasks from concept through to completion within given timescales.
It is a policy that an appointment is conditional on the following requirements and will be withdrawn without compensation if any of these conditions are not satisfied:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Employment references (FIVE years)
- Employment gap verification (Greater than 1 month)
- Adverse financial history (Detailed)
- Identity verification and Right to Work confirmation
- Basic DBS Disclosure (online process through DDC)
- Retro employment checks every 2 years