Job Title: Category Manager - Indirect Duration: 12-month FTC Salary: Competitive salary Location: Blackburn - flexible workingJob overview
Our leading services client is currently recruiting for a Category Manager (Indirect) to join on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The main goal of this role is to carry out a wide range of procurement activities across indirect spend including telecoms, FM (Hard + soft) and general services to achieve business objectives, ensuring that the requirements of internal and external customers are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will optimise strategic supply chain relationships, getting the best value for money and minimising risks for indirect spend portfolios.
This role is a 12 month maternity cover. The role will be a mix of office-based (Blackburn) and home-based working.Key responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic planning process for indirect spend commodities and suppliers that is integrated with the overall business objectives.
- Work closely with stakeholders and suppliers to improve Total Cost of Ownership of indirect spend
- Select suppliers and negotiate supply agreements ranging from tactical commodity pricing agreements to more complicated, long-term strategic relationships
- Establish and implement an on-going business process with appropriate measures to reduce and control the total costs of indirect spend
- Provide expertise, support, direction, advice and guidance to internal customers on indirect procurement policy and procedures ensuring contract compliance
- Manage and monitor indirect contracts to ensure all parties meet their contractual obligations and best value is achieved. Drive service improvements from existing and new sources of supply
- Achieve year on year cost savings consistent with the Purchasing Budget
- Have strong knowledge of end to end procurement, such as strategic sourcing, contract management, procurement processes, materials management, and supplier relationship management
- Have experience in managing tender processes including drafting quotation packs
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and ERP applications
- Have experience in analysing supplier spend and focused on driving continuous improvement
- Be a problem solver, willing to take on new tasks and learn new skills to support change
- Have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise your own work, and take responsibility for own actions
- Current UK Driving license
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516