Our client in Bideford are seeking an Administration Assistant on a temporary basis.
Hourly Rate: £10.00 per hour
The postholder will assist with enquires/disputes relating to Penalty Charge Notices and other parking matters, raise invoices/purchases orders, issue parking permits and general admin duties.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
* To assist in the administration of the Penalty Charge Notice System from issue through to completion, liaising with DVLA Swansea, external debt collectors, the courts, other departments and agencies.
* To receive and deal with routine incoming correspondence relating to Penalty Charge Notices and Pay & Display matters, draft and dispatch appropriate correspondence in response, including Formal Notices.
* Undertake all reasonable steps to trace drivers of vehicles by using the Electoral Register and other databases, including commercial tracing services. Update systems with driver details and pursue for payment.
* Regularly prepare and send listings of outstanding debt to the Council's debt collection agencies. Review and update cases accordingly ensuring that all income is allocated correctly.
* As and when required give evidence in person at Court or Adjudication Hearings.
* To deal with enquires/disputes relating to Penalty Charge Notices, Pay & Display and other parking matters from the general public and councillors via phone, email or in person.
* Assist in the maintenance of waiting lists for reserved bays, caravan storage and garages and issue permits accordingly.
* Raise invoices and purchase orders as directed by the Parking Services Supervisor
* Maintain performance management spreadsheets as directed by the Parking Services Supervisor.
* Receive payment receipts from cashiers; and telephone payments from the public reconcile to ensure correct value of payment has been made, taking appropriate action where necessary.
* Issue staff, Member, Business, Season and Residents parking permits maintaining accurate records.
* Receive and process income returns from cash collection contractor and reconcile against cash box ticket. Report any discrepancies to internal audit and Parking Services Supervisor.
* Receive parking area inspection reports and process, bringing to the attention of the Parking Services Supervisor any matters requiring urgent action.
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday
If this role is of interest, please apply, or contact Jayla on (phone number removed)