Buyer / Procurement Officer
Fixed term contract - Up to 12 months (maternity cover)
£32,000 per annum
Our client is an ambitious and well-established housing group with deep roots in three heartland areas of Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington.
One of the largest landlords in the North West, they have 1,500 staff, manage more than 40,000 homes, support almost 75,000 customers and invest at least £5m a year into local communities and life changing causes.
A social organisation with a commercial focus generating income to drive their activities and deliver lasting change, they are a landlord, property developer, commercial contractor and social entrepreneur.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to support the procurement team in the delivery of procurement and sourcing strategies that enable the delivery of value for money, compliance and reduced risk.
Within this role you'll be responsible for:
* Leading and managing medium to large scale sourcing projects
* Facilitating the processes required for market testing, RFI's, RFQ's, ITT's, mini-competitions and associated sourcing methodologies for sourcing suppliers for goods / works and / or services
* Providing support to colleagues regarding procurement projects
* Establishing and facilitating working groups on specified spend areas
* Identifying and acting upon opportunities for financial and / or qualitative benefits / savings
* Ensuring that monthly performance reports are received from suppliers
* Playing an instrumental role in the introduction, roll out and control of procurement and business initiatives
To be successful in this role you will:
* Have extensive experience from within purchasing / procurement within the public sector
* Have a proven track record of effectively managing the tendering process including contract negotiation for cross-cutting contracts.
* Have an in depth understanding of the full procurement lifecycle and sourcing methodologies
* Have experience of contractual terms and conditions and contract formation
* Be results driven and able to work alone with minimal supervision
* Be commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement
Great people share qualities that our client values highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within our team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure they achieve their aims. If you can share this way of working, you'll enjoy working here.
In return, they offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you
room to grow your skills - along with a package of benefits that shows how much they value your contribution and care about your wellbeing.
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible