A privately owned Bedfordshire based developer are looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join their well organised team.
This is a new role so the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate independent working and potentially some knowledge of structuring & building a department.
Responsibilities will include:
- To co-ordinate developments, from a technical and engineering perspective, from the planning through to detailed design and approval stages, including management of external consultants and deliver checked & co-ordinated full design packages to the project team.
- Appointing and managing external Architects, Civil & Structural Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Landscape Architects and all Specialist consultants to provide detailed design packages for construction.
- Provide fully checked and co-ordinated design packages for Budget, Tender and Construction purposes
- Highways & Drainage - obtain pre-application advice and approvals in principle to both on and off site highway works and to compliance to planning layouts. An understanding of the Highways Act, Traffic Orders and the various Sectional Agreements, Water Industry Act and the Flood Water Management Act is paramount in undertaking this role. A thorough understanding of S38, 104 & 278 processes is essential.
- Liaise with Local Authorities & Utilities Services at all levels, Highways, Street Care, Environmental Services and Planners to discharge Planning Conditions.
- Provide Production teams with complete working drawing packages and Technical support to Site Management and Sub-Contractors with details, site queries with regard to all Technical issues.
- Regular site visits and reports to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications and details.
Your will Require:
- Architectural knowledge
- Sound civil engineering knowledge and competent understanding of structures.
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation
- Able to work in a structured, disciplined environment.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Proactive, flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
The company are a well organised and friendly business that have been able to adapt the Covid-19 situation quickly as they already operated with flexible working and working from home.