Our Client is one of the world's leading Commodity Trading Houses with a successful history of growth. Employees enjoy an environment that allows them to develop their skills, knowledge and experience giving them every opportunity to have successful careers.
A new opportunity has arisen for an astute technical and reporting accountant to join the London finance team. This is an exciting opportunity which offers a spectrum of financial reporting work, process management, and project work, coupled with a focus on commercial review and analysis of the business.
As the Group Accounting Manager, you will report into the Finance Director and manage an accounts assistant. Periodic travel to our offices in Switzerland for training and development will be required.
You will be responsible for:-Financial Reporting
Monthly Accounting Activities
- Annual preparation of the group holding company consolidation, and the London subsidiary accounts
- Coordination with group auditors and associated foreign subsidiary controllers.
- Responsible for London daily accounts activity for the commodity division, research team, overheads, and other entity level activity.
- Manage the accounting support team in India, and drive efficiencies through their increased involvement in standardised processes.
- Responsible for technical accounting queries and developments, including potential IFRS conversion.
Financial Planning, Controls, & Tax
- Accurate and on time monthly reporting including the population of the group reporting pack
- Responsible for completion of monthly close activities in designated areas, such as intercompany confirms, overheads, Commodities, and other non-trading activities.
- Responsible for the entity level numbers, including preparation of monthly management accounts and rationalization of results at trade book level.
- Ensure controls are followed and implemented on a monthly basis
- Supporting the quarterly budget process and monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Responsible for indirect tax processes and submissions.
- Responsible for completion of annual internal controls review and group submission.
Reporting into the Finance Director and working within a team of 5, supported by an in-house accounting support team based in India, the role will require strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a pro-active approach to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies in the processes.
A full new ERP is looking to be implemented so a flexible approach and openness to change is essential.
Skills & Experience
The person will be a qualified accountant with between three and five years of post qualification experience preferably in a financial services or big 4 environment. They will require strong accounting skills to including financial accounting and experience of a multi-currency environment. Strong excel skills are essential.
Furthermore, this role will suit a focused self-starter with an analytical thought process, strong team ethic, a flexible approach and the ability to prioritise are essential.