We are looking for a newly/ recently qualified accountant for a challenging and interesting role with a great employer. This could be a great first move into industry for someone from practice.Job Purpose
This is a role within the Group financial reporting team supporting all aspects of the Group finance function, including IFRS statutory accounting and reporting and consolidation of group results, with a focus on financial processes and controls and group reporting. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in developing the accounting and reporting processes and controls across the Group, along with an understanding of a wide range of businesses, and to gain experience in a number of financial reporting areas.
The role requires a motivated and hardworking candidate with experience of strong analytical, time management and organisational skills and a focus on data quality and control. Candidates will be qualified in a recognised accounting qualification within the previous two years, ideally with experience of financial reporting processes for Financial Services Groups.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Maintain and develop the financial control environment through regular reviews of the financial controls in operation in businesses across the Group.
- Develop and enhance reporting processes and documentation across the Group, to ensure consistent application of Group accounting policies.
- Perform regular analytical reviews of information submitted by businesses across the Group to identify and understand trends in performance and enable the production of quality MI reporting for internal Boards and Committees, as well as external parties.
- Perform and enhance data quality assessment and documentation exercises across all areas of financial reporting.
- Involvement in the group consolidation process, including process enhancements for the current reporting processes.
- Develop strong relationships with the Group external audit team, including preparing and managing certain deliverables to ensure smooth transfer of information between the audit team and all business areas.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues in Finance and other areas such as other Finance departments across the Group, Actuarial and Risk.
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc tasks as required by Group and UK Finance teams
- Newly qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
- Ideally experience of working within the Financial Services (insurance) industry
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can do attitude towards work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong task management skills including an ability to prioritise tasks and regularly manage multiple deliverables
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills