Based in the Warrington are our client is a £150m+ t/o business and a market leader in its field. Joining the team as Financial Controller and reporting directly to the Group Finance Director your remit will be to manage finance teams responsible for statutory accounts, regulatory reporting, management accounts, budgeting & forecasting and Tax Compliance. With a remit of delivering optimum financial control, efficiency and accuracy your duties will include:
- Development of the best practice, modern and effective accounting policies - ensuring compliance with standards, regulatory and stakeholder returns
- Delivering annual audited financial statements
- First point of contact for external auditors and the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Mapping of all processes into an operational handbook - setting out a monitoring/control/compliance environment
- Leading the development and delivery of the annual finance timetable including monthly management accounts, annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Managing, developing and motivating the Accounting Team to deliver excellent service and a culture of best practice, innovation and continuous improvement
- Ensuring full tax compliance including VAT, CIS, IR35 and Corporation Tax
- Proactively engaging in tax planning and appraising opportunities with respect to taxation implications.
- Risk management
Applicants will be ACCA or ACA Qualified senior level Financial Controllers with a track record of delivering modern and effective financial controls, processes and procedures as well as up to date working knowledge of the latest Accounting Standards, particularly FRS102 and tax regimes including but not limited to VAT (incl. MTD), CIS and Corporation Tax. Applicants from the Housing/Construction/Property sector will be of particular interest. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, highly regarded and progressive business in a broad, highly visible, pivotal role within the company. An excellent package includes a base salary of £65-80k, Car allowance (9%), Flexible/Home working culture, Medical Insurance, Health Cash Plan, 26 days holiday, Pension scheme (8%) and a company discount scheme.
Howarth Morris are committed to Progressing Businesses and Progressing Careers. Providing a complete temporary, contract & permanent Finance & Human Resources recruitment solution we work with a broad range of businesses ranging from owner managed SMEs to FTSE 100 and Blue Chip Multinationals, supporting their recruitment needs throughout the UK. We are dedicated to the career management of Part Qualified and Qualified Finance & HR Professionals across ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, ICM, CIPP and CIPD and work to support our candidates with not just securing their next move but through their longer term career management. We are committed to providing businesses with finance and HR professionals who will make a real difference and who will add real business value. Visit our website for more information on our unique profile and market leading service and call or email today to hear more about this and other exciting local and UK wide opportunities.