SEN Teaching Assistant - WESTON SUPER MARE
Prospero Teaching is looking for Primary School, Special Educational Needs Assistant's for various schools within the Weston Super Mare area.
The schools cater for children aged between 4-11 year olds with learning difficulties, sensory impairments, autism and challenging behaviour. As a Special Educational Needs Assistant you will be working 1-1 and in small groups with the students.
The position is open to graduates, experienced LSA'S and applicants with relevant experience.
- Location - various schools in the Weston Super Mare area
- Position - Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - 1:1 and small group work
- Start date - Immediate
- Duration / Likely Duration - ongoing until further notice
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - £65 - £75 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, driven and conscientious
- The ability to build rapport with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- A professional approach to handling difficult situations
- Team teach qualification desirable but not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you're looking for an exciting new role, please contact us at the Prospero office on 0117 3322575 for more information or apply below with your CV!