CMA Recruitment Group has been engaged to represent a Management Accountant vacancy on behalf of a recognisable nationwide business which has its south coast headquarters located in the Winchester area.
Our client is the UK leader in environmental solutions, providing a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services designed to build the circular economy and preserve scarce raw materials. We rarely represent this organisation due to the long term stability of their finance team, so we are happy to have the chance to work with them on this occasion due to an internal promotion.
Working from home, this role will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets for all business operations within the region relating to treatment, collection establishments and energy recovery facilities.What will the role involve?
- Production of monthly management accounts delivered to tight deadlines together with sound analysis and investigation of results and variances for a number of operational units
- Regular site visits and interaction with operations to ensure accurate financial reporting and support to business development is achieved
- Provide support to business operations in preparation for annual budgets and forecasts
- Carry out completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor and evaluate procedures to ensure cash flow forecasting remains accurate and effective
- Carry out analysis of capex and preparation of business cases
- Provide support to annual audit processes
- Carry out any ad hoc project work as is necessary to support the business objectives.
Additional benefits and information:
- Fully qualified or exam qualified Accountant (i.e. CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Upper intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but essential
- Previous accounting experience gained within a haulage or environmental waste services company would be advantageous.
- Working from home
- Generous group pension scheme
- Access to group rewards, benefits and discounts
- Access to financial and mental health support
- 25 days annual leave and 8 statutory bank holidays.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. CMA is currently receiving a high volume of applications. Whilst we ensure all applications are considered, regrettably, it may not be possible to respond individually to all applications received.