We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer, to work as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team within the Approval Authority, the primary purpose of the role is to directly support current operations and future programmes. Using a combination of general & specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology.
The team consists of Mechanical, Civil, Building Services or Electrical Engineers and are responsible for the authorship, development, assessment, and maintenance of Engineering Design Substantiation for Nuclear Facilities, ensuring Design Intent, Critical Safety Factors and Safety and Operational Requirements are met and are consistent with current good practice and legislative/regulatory requirementsTasks
- Authoring, development, assessment, maintenance and management of the suite of Clients Nuclear Infrastructure Design Substantiation documents.
- Authoring, development, assessment, maintenance and management of design changes/concessions.
- Presentation of Design substantiations, to the Clients 'Due Process' nuclear safety committees.
- Production and development of Examination, Inspection, Maintenance & Testing (EIMT) Schedule, operating procedures and results to satisfy design requirements and safety case through life.
- Producing Periodic Review of Safety reports.
- Providing advice and direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Production of Independent Technical Review (ITA)/Independent Peer Review (IPR).
- Use a combination of general & specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology.
- Incorporated Engineer status or equivalent experience.
- Experienced Electrical Engineer with previous knowledge of Electrical Control & Instrumentation. (EC&I) associated with Power Distribution, Control and Protection, Switchboards and Switchgear.
- Proven experience of producing robust technical justification to allow for relevant Electrical/EC&I design modifications to be authorised within a high hazard industry.
- Experience applying appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, develop, manufacture, construct, commission, operate, maintain, decommission and re-cycle engineering processes, systems, services and products in a nuclear/high risk environment.
- Application of the above on a brownfield modifications project.
Qualifications & Training:Essential:
- Ideal candidates would already have experience within nuclear or similar environment, but this is not essential.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Valid SC - Clearance
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
- Engineering Degree
- Chartered Engineer